Monday 14 July 2014

Raspberry Jam for Tea?

It is now 18 months since last I played with my Raspberry Pi and irritated some folk over at Hackaday (I must remember: "There is no such thing as bad publicity").

I've become so used to playing with all things Arduino that I'd forgotten all about fruity single-board-computers. Even to the extent that I was surprised by today's announcement from the folks over at the Raspberry Pi foundation...

A new product is launched: The Raspberry Pi B+

Of several interesting features this new product offers over the standard B model, most important to me is the significantly expanded GPIO interface!

This speaks of the Raspberry Pi foundation making a strong move to encourage and support PHYSICAL COMPUTING, which I applaud (and which might make the Raspberry Pi of practical use to me once again).

This is an interesting contrast to the strategy we see our cari amici over at Arduino playing. They seem determined to mark their newer offerings by more and more abstraction and complexity.

Interesting times - I might try another pot of Raspberry Jam.

 ...-.- de m0xpd

No comments:

Post a Comment