Tuesday 1 March 2016

A New Book

Today, on this anniversary of the admission of Ohio as the 17th State of the Union,


I’m pleased to announce a new book, ‘getting there


The book tells – superficially – of my experiences at last year’s QRP-ARCI Four Days in May convention in Dayton, Ohio.


Whilst it is told against the background and context of amateur radio, THIS IS NOT A TECHNICAL, ‘HOW-TO’ BOOK, so please don’t buy it expecting to find a series of schematics of radios or computer programs!

Instead, the book talks of my experiences of preparing to go not only to Dayton, but also on a longer journey of exploration... back to my old home in Wyoming.


The words of my book are about my journey last year – but between the lines the book tries to speak of bigger journeys and the people we meet along the way.

In my case, many of these meetings have occurred within amateur radio, and the little book is propelled by my special relationships with three people who you will know, by reputation at least: g4ilo, g3rjv and n6qw...


Of these friends, George, g3rjv, has written a Foreword for the book. I’ll leave him to do some ‘marketing’ by quoting from his Foreword...

“Paul’s entertaining, and often amusing, book 
gives a lively account of people and radios.” 

‘getting there’ is available from Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com and all good booksellers!

…-.- de m0xpd

No comments:

Post a Comment